- Yield1 serving
- Prep time
- Cook time
Enjoy a healthy Lil Snappers apple with a kid-size serving for one scoop of ice cream and a cookie for an extra special treat. What could be more fun than an edible ice cream cup?
- 1 Lil Snappers apple
- 1 scoop vanilla bean ice cream
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of granulated sugar
- 2 to 3 oatmeal animal cookies (optional)
- Candy sprinkles (optional)
- Slice off top quarter section of apple (stem tip); reserve for snacking. Using a small teaspoon or grapefruit spoon, carefully core out center of apple (working outward from centermost part of fruit), leaving a generous 1/4-inch outer edge of “cup.” Lightly sprinkle inner cavity of “cup” with a pinch each of cinnamon and sugar.
- Place one scoop of ice cream atop apple, pressing down slightly to secure. Top with some sprinkles and an animal cookie. Serve immediately.
Note: Stemilt’s Lil Snappers apples fit nicely in cupcake holders, making for a fun, colorful, kid-friendly presentation.