- Yield1 serving
- Prep time
- Cook time
Lil Snappers apples make a smooth-sailing, snack-time treat. Little wedges, topped with a toothpick sail, become great little dippers for any little skipper.
- 1 Lil Snappers apple, cored and cut into wedges
- Dip of choice (see suggestions below)
- Decorative paper & glue for “sails”
- Use an apple slicer to slice an apple in equal wedges. Then, place a “sail” in the apple and set on a plate along with your dip of choice. A simple sail can easily be made with a toothpick, a small rectangle of colorful paper, and some glue. Various nut butters are readily available in most supermarkets but can easily be made by processing nuts in a food processor, until creamy. Processed spreads can be sprinkled with cinnamon for added flavor, if desired.
Serve little wedges alongside one or more of these dips:
- Peanut butter (crunchy or creamy)
- Almond butter (or any other nut butter)
- Whipped cream cheese (regular or flavored)
- Soft cheese