- Yield1 serving
- Prep time
- Cook time
There’s no better way to start a healthy lunch than with a big, happy smile! Sliced Lil Snappers make the perfect smile on these open-face sandwiches, which are a great, healthy way to bring that little creative genius to the table.
- 1 Lil Snappers apple, cored and sliced
- 1 slice of whole wheat bread
- 1 to 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- Extras for nose, eyes and hair: Blueberries, raisins, pretzel sticks, coconut, nuts, etc.
- Round cookie cutters (approximately 1.5” to 2”, and 3.5”)
- Once apple has been cored and sliced, slice wedges once again (to get a thinner wedge). Then, using a 1.5” to 2” round cutter, trim the inner part of each wedge, if desired, to create a more pronounced “smile” shape. Using an approximate 3.5” round cookie cutter, cut bread slice into a round.
- Spread peanut butter evenly over round of bread. Position thin wedge of apple as “mouth” of the face. Add eyes, nose and hair, using the items you chose!