- Yield2 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
Ahoy, Mateys! The hunt for a fun lunchtime meal is over. This treasure chest apple, filled with a trove of seaside goodness, would satisfy Captain Hook himself. Lil Snappers apples are the perfectly sized “chest” for a delicious scoop of tuna salad. The chest will be enjoyed as much as the bounty.
- 2 Lil Snappers apples
- 1 6-ounce can white albacore tuna, packed in water, drained
- 2 tablespoons vegenaise or mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon honey-mustard
- 1/2 carrot, finely diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Slice off top third section of each apple (stem tip); set aside. Using a small teaspoon or grapefruit spoon, carefully core-out center of each apple base (working outward from center-most part of fruit), leaving a generous 1/4-inch outer edge on each “cup;” set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix tuna, vegenaise (or mayonnaise), mustard, and carrot. Season to taste. Spoon a generous 1/4 cup of tuna salad into each apple, top with top third of apples (cut earlier), tilted slightly to resemble a chest being opened. Serve immediately.
Note: Use playful, pirate-themed cupcake holders and flagged toothpicks to make for a fun presentation and an easy clean-up.