- Yield2 kabobs servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
One Lil Snappers apple is the perfectly sized fruit for these playful kabobs. You don’t need to be a mathematician to discover that alternating shapes of apple, turkey and cheese add up to a fun-filled lunchtime treat.
- 1 Lil Snappers apple, cored NOT sliced
- 1 Slice of oven-roasted turkey (from deli counter), cut 1/4”-1/2" thick
- 1 3-ounce block of low-fat cheese (mild cheddar, Monterey jack, or as preferred)
- 2 Bamboo skewers
- Once apple has been cored, slice in half vertically (down through center cored area). Place two halves on cutting board, flesh side down, and carefully slice each into 3 or 4 slices, from stem end of apple to bottom. Each slice will resemble a half-moon shape. Set aside.
- Cut 2 or 3 1/2" slices from block of cheese and, depending on dimensions of cheese block, cut each slice again to create a square or triangle shape, as preferred.
- Next, cut cubes of turkey from slice, or, using a 1.5” to 2” round cutter (cookie cutters work great), cut rounds of turkey from slice. Then cut each round in half.
- Alternating between apple slices, cheese and turkey, thread pieces onto skewers. Serve immediately.
Note: A festive ribbon tied to the end of each skewer makes a nice presentation.