- Yield1 serving
- Prep time
- Cook time
Two slices of a Lil Snappers pear fit perfectly into a French toast heart. Nothing says “love” more than serving a breakfast like this!
- 1 Lil Snappers pear
- 1 slice challah or brioche bread (cut on extreme diagonal from loaf to ensure a large surface area)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more for dusting
- Real maple syrup
- Using a large, heart-shaped cookie cutter (approximate 4” to 5” in height), cut bread slice into a heart shape. Set aside.
- Place pear on cutting board, properly with stem up. Cut a thin slice from each side of pear to reveal a flat edge (knife parallel to length of core). Cut two thick slices from each side of pear, parallel to core (reserve extra slices to serve alongside).
- Crack eggs into a shallow dish, add milk and whisk to combine. Place bread “heart” into egg mixture for about 30 seconds, moving around a bit to soak in egg. Turn over and repeat, leaving bread to soak while you prep skillet.
- Place butter in a large skillet set over medium heat. Once melted, add cinnamon and mix well. Place 2 pear slices (of similar size) into butter, sauté for 10 seconds, then turn, sautéing for another 10 to 15 seconds. Transfer to plate or cutting board.
- Then, place egg-drenched heart into same skillet used for pears (no need to rinse or wipe clean). Cook for approximately 1 to 2 minutes, until golden on one side, then flip and repeat until nicely golden on both sides. Transfer to serving plate, top with 2 slices of pear, slightly overlapping to mimic shape of heart. Dust with a bit more cinnamon and drizzle with maple syrup. Serve immediately.
Note: A dusting of powdered sugar and/or an additional topping of fruit or nuts are also delicious.