- Yield2 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
Sail through gentle seas during breakfast with this delicious Lil Snappers Pear & Oatmeal Boat. It’s the perfect kid-size vessel of morning cheer.
- 2 Lil Snapper pears
- 1 cup water
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- Granulated sugar or agave, to sweeten, as desired
- Golden raisins or dried cranberries, to top, if desired
- Working with one pear at a time, place pear on cutting board, (properly, with stem up). Cut away approximately 1/3 of pear’s side, just to the side of stem, parallel to core, to create “boat” base. Using a teaspoon or grapefruit spoon, gently core out center of pear. Repeat with second pear. Set pears aside.
- In a small pot, heat water and salt to boil. Add oats to water, reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for approximately 5 minutes, until water is absorbed. Remove from heat. Add milk and cinnamon to oatmeal and mix well. Add a pinch of sugar or agave to sweeten, if desired. Fill pear boat with generous spoonful of oatmeal. Dust with additional cinnamon and a sprinkle of golden raisins or dried cranberries, if desired. Serve immediately.